Wednesday, June 12, 2013


June 11, 2013. Traffic was terrible and I had to walk to get to school on time because apparently, travelling on foot is faster than driving through the school's detour route. I met some of my teachers and they were all very nice, but the  year's just begun and I might just be speaking too soon. I still feel like wriggling in my seat every time a new class begins. I still feel restless. It takes a while to settle in. I've been watching smiles as they're exchanged, laughter as they're released to be swallowed by the air; arms as they are intertwined, and that's all I'm doing: just watching and wondering why I'm not the one throwing around grins, guffaws and hugs this year. I listen to people talk and I wonder why I cut myself out and walk ahead, but there is no trace of bitterness as I write this. I think that makes up for it. It was a lucky day to get to skip two afternoon classes for a two-hour orientation but wow, all that talk about graduating, about electives, about college unwound my nerves and now everything feels loose.  There are bits and pieces of me cluttered on the inside. I have less than a week to pick out a college course and I have to look at Journalism in the eye this year even though I wasn't made for it at all. I went on a mini-adventure with Chryss this afternoon. We rode a jeepney downtown and had a little Mcdo date. It felt nice to walk those rugged streets with someone who looks after me so that I don't leave my things (a.k.a. my retainer case and my pen) around, which I almost did by the way. Another day passes and you seem even more surreal, and when I say surreal, I mean the overwhelming kind of surreal, and when I say overwhelming, I mean the drowning kind of overwhelming. I like little talks and no-class days. I know this has been a long, rambling paragraph but I 'm glad to see that you cared enough to read until this period right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment